COVID 19 Office Policies
We are dedicated to patient safety, so we’ve updated our office safety protocols since we’ve reopened. Our primary goal is to continue providing a safe, full-service orthodontic treatment experience with the same amazing smiles as always!
Here’s a summary of our changes and what to expect at your orthodontic visits:
Keeping Everyone Safe
- Prior to your visit, we ask that each patient/parent complete a wellness questionnaire. If any symptoms of illness are present, we kindly ask that you reschedule your appointment.
- All visitors are required to wear masks while in the office, except during the time of treatment.
- We are scheduling fewer patients in the office throughout the day, allowing for adequate social distancing and time to disinfect the treatment area following each appointment.
- We’ve replaced our toothbrushing station with motion-sensing faucets for handwashing. Please brush prior to your appointment.
- Our brushing station, coffee machine, and chocolate chip cookies (so sorry!) are closed for now.
- All visitors will get their temperature checked upon entering the office.
If you present with a temperature greater than 99.6 degrees, we will kindly ask to reschedule your appointment.
- All surfaces are disinfected with cleaning agents approved by the EPA as proven effective against COVID-19.
- Virtual orthodontic visits and consultations from your home are available when appropriate.
- All patients will rinse with a peroxide-based mouthwash immediately before treatment.
SC Orthodontics Team Safety
- Our clinical staff have enhanced PPE, including face shields, surgical masks that meet or surpass recommendations by the CA Dept. of Public Health, ADA, and OSHA standards.
- We’ve implemented a paperless office via electronic forms, e-signing, and contactless payments, and an online payment portal.
Take a deep breath
- We fog our office with nontoxic hypochlorous acid disinfectant daily.
- We’ve installed throughout the office numerous high-level HEPA filters that filter down to 0.1 microns.
- Our latest chairside HEPA air filter captures aerosols generated during orthodontic procedures.
- We’ve also implemented the use of new instruments and equipment that produce little to no dental aerosols during specific orthodontic procedures.
If you have any specific questions or concerns, please contact us, and we will be happy to help. For those that may be uncomfortable receiving treatment in an open bay, please let us know, and we will schedule your appointment during quiet times in the office or in our private office.
We truly appreciate your patience, cooperation, and trust and can’t wait to see your smiles again soon!
We wish you and your family safety and good health, and we’re sending you lots of virtual hugs!
Dr. Gary Lau and the SC Ortho Team