Orthodontic care is not reserved for children and teens only. In fact, one in five people who opt for orthodontic treatment is above the age of 21, according to the data from the American Association of Orthodontists. If you haven’t had the chance to get your teeth aligned perfectly when you were younger, it’s still not too late. As the saying goes, better late than never!
Dr. Gary Lau has treated numerous patients who required orthodontic attention to correct their misaligned teeth. He, along with his well-trained team, would make sure that you get the best treatment to cope with your malocclusion.
Common adult orthodontic issues
- Crowding of teeth, which is usually caused due to improper growth of permanent teeth as a child or a smaller dental arch.
- Bite-related issues, such as open bite, overbite, underbite, crossbite, overjet, etc.
- Drifting of the teeth due to tooth loss.
- Out of place teeth that emerge deviated when the milk teeth do not fall off in time.
- Teeth that are spaced excessively apart with large gaps between them.
What are the various treatment options?
Patients usually think twice about getting orthodontic treatment as metal braces could ruin the aesthetics of the smile and leave a displeasing appearance. However, we offer solutions that are functionally effective and aesthetically pleasing as well. Here are some of the options that you could choose from:
- Clear Braces
- Ceramic Braces
- Lingual braces (which stay hidden behind the teeth)
- Self-ligating Braces
- Metal Braces
Getting your teeth aligned in the right way can save you from a lot of trouble, such as difficulty with oral hygiene, jawbone deterioration, cavities due to accumulated food particles and debris in between the teeth, change in the facial structure, TMJ disorder, etc. Most of all, you can flaunt a beautiful smile every time you converse with people or pose for pictures.