Invisalign is the most advanced orthodontic teeth aligner made from clear plastic. Since it is made from transparent dental-grade plastic, it is difficult to notice and stays in disguise during the course of the treatment period. It is removable and can be taken off whenever you need to eat or brush your teeth.
Dr. Gary Lau, DDS, has treated numerous patients with orthodontic issues. He provides comprehensive solutions to all types of malocclusion issues and makes sure his patients get the smile that they’ve always wanted.
Why is correcting malocclusion essential?
- When the teeth aren’t aligned properly, it could result in the unequal distribution of forces on them. This can lead to a toothache, pain in the jaws and possibly TMD as well.
- Malocclusion, when left untreated, can cause the teeth to loosen from their sockets in the jawbone due to varying stresses.
- Cleaning crooked teeth can be a huge pain. A lot of microbes tend to get stuck in between the teeth as they wouldn’t be reachable by the tooth bristles. This can, in turn, lead to cavities.
- Perhaps, the biggest drawback of misaligned teeth is that they hinder one’s confidence massively. Patients with misaligned frontal teeth may find it really embarrassing while smiling or conversing with people.
How is Invisalign different from Braces?
Braces have been the go-to dental solution when patients complain of crooked teeth. However, they would leave a displeasing appearance on one’s smile during the course of the treatment. Also, their metallic nature would raise doubts in the patients’ minds regarding their oral safety.
Invisalign gets rid of these limitations of traditional braces as it is made from clear plastic. When the patient wears them, they are barely visible unless taken a closer look at. They are fabricated with such high precision that they gently apply pressure on the teeth in a controlled way and bring them to their right positions. Moreover, Invisalign doesn’t contain any sharp corners or metal parts that could cause harm to the soft inner tissues of your mouth. Also, unlike braces, Invisalign can be removed whenever the need arises, such as while eating food or brushing the teeth.
During the initial screening, Dr. Lau would check for signs of decay, bone deterioration, gum health and the severity of malocclusion. Also, 3D scans and x-rays of the teeth will be taken to map out the positions of the teeth and determine how they should be moved. Based on the data obtained, he would draw out a suitable treatment plan that is customized just for you.
The aligners will be fabricated in a dental laboratory with high precision using dental grade clear plastic. The number of aligners will depend on how long your treatment period stretches for. The aligners will have to be worn for 22 hours, every day of the week. Each aligner will have to be worn for a period of 2 weeks before being replaced by a new set of aligners. When you visit our office for a follow-up consultation, we would check using the software whether or not your teeth are moving in the right direction. This helps us track their movement with high accuracy. The treatment period may last anywhere between a few months to a couple of years.
Invisalign is by far the most advanced orthodontic treatment solution available today. Its transparent nature keeps it hidden while you’re getting your teeth aligned. This allows you to get the smile that you’ve always dreamt of having.
Investing in your appearance is always going to be a worthy one. Especially, if you’re spending money on improving your smile which directly influences your facial appearance, it is definitely worth it. Invisalign is one such investment that would boost your confidence levels and help you flaunt your smile every single day.
How much does Invisalign treatment cost?
Determining the approximate cost of your custom aligners would depend on several factors, such as severity of malocclusion, how you want your new smile to look, duration of the treatment period, type of malocclusion you’re dealing with and how extensive the cosmetic corrections should be, and in certain cases, additional treatment procedures that your dentist may recommend.
How can I pay for my treatment?
We offer the following payment methods for your treatment at our facility:
- Pay in full by cash or cheque and get a courtesy discount.
- Pay via credit card.
- If your insurance covers for Invisalign as well, the expenses of the treatment would be levied on your insurance provider. However, it is advisable for you to check with the provider about the extent of coverage of the treatment.
- Does your teenage son or daughter feel embarrassed due to malocclusion, but still doesn’t want to get braces as they ruin the aesthetics of their smile? It is understandable for teens to be in such a fix, where they neither want to get braces nor live with their malocclusion. We totally understand your problem, which is why, we would like to present to you, Invisalign Teen!
- Invisalign is the most advanced treatment solution to malocclusion. It is composed of clear aligners made from transparent dental grade plastic material, which offer perfect fit and comfort while gently moving your teeth to their right positions. The best part about them is that they are hardly visible unless taken a closer look at and can be removed whenever the need arises.
- Eat anything you want to
- A common fear among teenagers about getting braces is that they wouldn’t be able to eat any food of their choice. The dentist would mention the foods you shouldn’t eat that may get stuck in between the braces. This means, no pizza, popcorn, candies and many more. But, when you get Invisalign, you wouldn’t have to worry about any of those. You can just remove the aligner, eat or drink anything that you want to, clean your teeth and put them back on. It’s as simple as that!
- Don’t compromise on your everyday activities
- With braces, you may feel uncomfortable and embarrassed to socialize with your loved ones. Smiling and conversing like normal would feel much difficult as you would feel more self-conscious than usual. However, Invisalign would stay ‘hidden’ no matter what color your teeth are, allowing you to smile with confidence.
- Does your team have a game this weekend? Do you have a date coming up shortly? Do you have your graduation in a month or two? Well, you need not worry about a thing, as Invisalign is as user-friendly as an orthodontic aligner could get. Just take them off whenever you have to and put them back on. Even if you have them on, they would perfectly stay in disguise and not give away.
Call us on (650) 620-9535 or schedule an online appointment to get the best orthodontic treatment in the San Carlos area.